Translate

16/02/2010

THE DISCIPLE'S VICTORY

 
 
 
 
 
 Buddha the Conqueror — Nicholas Roerich
 
 
 
 
You Are the Builder of Your Own Path
 
 
M.’s Temple will summon the noblest among the builders. 
 
I shall strengthen the armor, and the enemies’ arrows will be an adornment on the shield of victory. 
 
Be patient on your watch. 
 
M. may come even in the night hour. 
 
The faithful will discern the voice of the stranger. 
 
The morning sun is beheld only by those who arise early. 
 
But dark are those who miss the early light. 
 
I am with you and will shield you, 
 
But you are the builder of your own path.
 
 
 

 


The Mantle of the Mother of the World


Can the tree stand firm?

Yes, yes, yes—

If the roots are deeply buried

and unseen beneath the ground.


I told you of beauty, I told you of love,

I told you of action.

I told you of devotion, I told you of readiness and compassion.

I have opened the window for you, and shown you the battle.

I explained the meaning of courage,

And finally I summoned you to the Great Service.


And where is the garment in which to ascend the steps of the Temple?

Where is the worthy vestment to cover the nakedness and impurity of our bodies?


Throughout the Universe pulsates the fabric of Life’s Beginning.

Throughout the Universe is found the worthy Garment.

Joy quivers, and vibrates, and resounds.

In this Garment of Joy you will ascend the steps.

This garment will enfold your body.


They are rending the Raiment of the Lord.

They scoff at its tatters.

But the daughter of the world and the Mother of the

Universe will mend the pieces of this Raiment.

And you will come ready to receive your vestment.


For, wherefore the power and wherefore the sacrifice, if there be no joy?

And where is compassion,

And where is devotion,

And where is the love of creation,

If your shoulders are not bedecked with the Mantle

of the Mother of the World?


And when you erect the Temple of Beauty,

And on its approaches you lay out My Garden of Joy,

Then name this Garden in My Name,

For I told you:

Children, rejoice!

Extract from Leaves of Morya’s Garden, 1924, v. 169 & 357